Conversations, Discussions, Dialogue, Discourse, and all things to TALK about.
I’ve have the pleasure of talking to many people, in many places, through many mediums and about many topics. Here are a few of these conversations, collated in no particular order.
- Four Hours of Open, sharing openly about open education with Jenni Hayman as part of Year of Open Education
- VoicEd Radio, Getting Air with Terry Green [podcast link – https://soundcloud.com/voiced-radio/gettin-air-with-terry-greene-and-ecampusontario-helen-dewaard?in=voiced-radio/sets/getting-air-with-terry-greene]
- VoicEd Radio, Que sera Sarah? podcast Episode 35 – Helen DeWaard – Digital & Media Literacies – “Digital Fluency is an essential skill!”
- VoicEd Radio, Noa Daniels, Personal Playlist Podcast [https://soundcloud.com/voiced-radio/personal-playlist-podcast-with-noa-daniel-helen-dewaard?in=voiced-radio/sets/the-personal-playlist-podcast]
- VoiceEd Radio, Ramona Meharg, I Wish I Knew Edu: Looking Back and Learning Forward [https://soundcloud.com/voiced-radio/i-wish-i-knew-edu-with-ramona-meharg-helen-dewaard?in=voiced-radio/sets/if-i-knew-edu-with-ramona]
- I’ve recently taken on the role of Co-Director of Virtually Connecting and the Regional Canadian lead. I’ve organized many open, conference conversations that impact my thinking about pedagogy, teaching and learning. The full list of sessions can be reviewed and re-listened. One particular VC session from DigPedLab PEI, with Jesse Stommel and Audrey Watters, led to a co-authored blog post Transcription as Deep Listening.
- I’ve spoken at many conferences, most recently at OEGlobal, Delft and CNIE, Sudbury. Other conference presentations have happened at CanConnect, ECOO BIT, the Creative Commons Global Summit, the ICDE Online Learning Conference, and MAD PD. Topics include digital citizenship, digital storytelling, ePortfolios, wayfinding in online learning and PLN (professional learning networks).
Let’s keep opening opportunities for dialogue to engage each other in topics of interest.